This is a fast and easy low-carb stir fry dish. If you are watching your sodium be sure to use low-sodium soy sauce and try substituting shrimp with chicken or another lean meat that is lower in sodium.
– 1 pound – Shrimp, raw
– 2 tablespoon – Soy sauce, reduced sodium
– 1 tablespoon – Oil, sesame
– 1 tablespoon – Rice Vinegar
– 1 large -Yellow bell pepper, chopped
– 1 tablespoon, unpacked – Sugar, brown
– 1 teaspoon – Pepper, red (cayenne)
– ½ tablespoon – Garlic powder
– 1¼ cup – Peas and carrots, frozen, cooked, (no salt or fat added)
– 1 squash – Squash, spaghetti, raw
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe. Calories 190kcal, Protein 19g, Carbs 18g, Fiber 3g, Total Fat 5g, Sat Fat 1g, Sodium 971mg
To cook a spaghetti squash: preheat over to 400 degrees F. Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds. Drizzle with a couple tbsp olive oil, pepper, garlic powder and a little salt. Bake for 40 minutes. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes and then shred with a fork! Tip!!! If you have trouble cutting the squash try microwaving it a few minutes or bake in the oven whole for the first 10-20 minutes, cut using oven mitts, drizzle with oil and seasoning, then finish cooking!
While squash is cooking, whisk together oil, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, and pepper. Allow shrimp to marinade for at least 15 minutes.
Once squash is cooling, sauteed peppers, peas and carrots with a little oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Then add shrimp and marinade, cook 1-2 minutes per side until shrimp is cooked. Serve over shredded spaghetti squash.
1 thought on “Low Carb Shrimp and Spaghetti Squash Stir Fry”
Looks very yummy!