Servings 5. Prep Time: < 5 Mins. Cook Time: 40 mins. Total Time: 45 mins.
If you like easy and Italian food than this meal is for you. No prep involved just dump and bake! By leaving off the breading on the chicken for this parmigiana bake, we are able to reduce the calories and carbs. I like to add broccoli for extra vegetables, plus when it cooks in the marinara sauce it become oh so yummy and flavorful!
Note: This recipe can creep up in the sodium. If you are watching your salt intake, look for a marinara sauce that is low in sodium to lower the salt in this dish.
Chicken Parm Bake with Broccoli
Fast, easy, and low-carb chicken and broccoli dump dinner
- 5 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 24 ounces total)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marinara sauce (I like to use a brand with no added sugar)
- 3 cups broccoli florets, fresh or frozen (run under cold water if frozen to drain of excess water before placing in pan)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Optional: cooked whole wheat pasta, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a large baking dish (about 9” x 13”) with cooking spray. Spread half of the marinara sauce in the bottom of the dish.
- Add the chicken and broccoli on top of the sauce. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Pour remaining sauce over chicken. Cover with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove foil, spread mozzarella and grated Parmesan on top of chicken
- Return chicken and broccoli to the oven (uncovered) for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Nutrient Information (does not include pasta)
|# of servings||5|
|Serving size||1/5 of rcipe|