Curry is a staple dish around the globe. In the Caribbean, the availability of coconut milk makes curry a go to dish for many islands. Although it may be popular everywhere, every place and every chef has their own version of a curry.
Depending on what you put into it, curry can be a healthful meal but the calories can add up fast! Since coconut milk is high in saturated fat, leaving out the meat in your curry is one way to watch the calories and saturated fat in your dish.
Incorporating plant-based foods that contain protein like chickpeas, lentils, and whole grains makes sure you get the protein and fiber you need without all the extra calories.
Check out these recipes below for healthy meat-free curries you can make at home!
- Caribbean Chickpea Curry Recipe by Island RDN
- North Indian Chickpea, Lentil and Butternut Squash Curry Recipe from Woman & Home
- Thai Squash and Pineapple Curry Recipe from BBC Good Food
- Vegetarian Lentil and Bean Curry Recipe from allrecipes.co.uk
- Cauliflower & Tomato Curry Recipe from BBC Good Food